Zion National Park, Angels Landing, Utah


I've been to Zion twice now, if you go back to February of 2006 you will find a post for the Kolob Canyon area that was quite fun. But all my visits to Zion had been in the dead of winter when there was no one around. I've always wanted to climb the Angels Landing Trail and since my travels were taking me through Zion I figured I would stop off quickly to do so. Unfortunately, it was no longer winter. There were tourists and buses and rules and parking lots. This was no fun for me. I climbed the trail late in the day and got near the top but didn't brave the rock climb since my light was limited. The place is still beautiful but I am not one for the crowds. Had to get out quick.

Slideshow:

I am closing in on Capital Reef at the moment.

No comments: